FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Register Register  Login Login

What's everyone reading/listening/playing/watching

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
Author
agentwhale007 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Forum's Noam Chomsky

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote agentwhale007 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 May 2019 at 9:54am
Reading: Finally got around to starting a book written by a former coworker of mine about a cult that founded a town in Florida. It's a really fun historical non-fiction book, I would recommend it to anyone into that kind of thing. 

Watching: Paid for HBO again so we could watch Game of Thrones. It has been good -- I think most people complaining about it were going to complain no matter what they did. We're also watching back through earlier seasons, and watching Gentlemen Jack and Barry, because when we get HBO there's this need to get our money's worth out of it. We'll watch that Chernobyl show at some point here too. 

Playing: I found out the library here in town has Switch games, so I've been renting/playing Captain Toad: Treasure Tracker. It's a pretty fun little puzzle game. 
tallen702 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
Hipster before Hipster was cool...

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tallen702 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2019 at 6:20pm
Watching Chernobyl (Of course I am. I mean, C'mon people, I'm obsessed with that historical event!)

It's actually been tough for me to watch. When I watch what's going on in the show, I know everything that happens next, so I get this overwhelming sense of dread that makes me legitimately feel awful. One part they didn't show that I wish they had (because it was truly heroic) was when three of the workers on the night shift went down into the flooded basement and shut off the electrolyzers three separate times to prevent secondary hydrogen explosions due to the water build-up. One of the guys went because he was older (he had previously worked at the RBMK reactors in Leningrad) and wanted to spare the death he knew would befall his younger comrades if they went themselves. He took a 25Gy cumulative dose. More than just about anyone outside of the firefighters on the roof.
<Removed overly wide sig. Tsk, you know better.>
impulse418 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group
off the hook four days early <3 <3 <3

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote impulse418 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Today at 5:30pm
Hey Tallen, you commie, have you watched The American's?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 121314
  Share Topic